Effective Date: January 19, 2021
Last Updated: February 12, 2021
Quick Reference Guide
- What Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Sharing Your Personal Information
- California Specific Rights
- Legal Disclaimer
- External Links
- Questions and Contact Us
1. What Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with you (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information directly from you when you contact us or use our Services.
- Personal Identifiers. We collect your first and last name, phone number, email address, and delivery address. If you request our Services or become our customer, we may also collect your Alcohol Beverage Control license number.
- Commercial Information. If you request our services or make an appointment online, we collect information about your transaction, such as your purchase order number and bill of landing number.
- Financial Information. We collect information from you to process billing, including bank or payment card information.
- Social Media Information. If you connect with us on social media, we may collect Personal Information from your social media sites, depending on your settings with those sites. We may collect information such as your name, birthday, email address, location, information related to your friends or followers, or your profile picture.
- Professional and Employment Information. We collect information including your company and role or position if you contact us on behalf of another business.
- Internet and Network Activity. As described in more detail in the section below on Cookies, if you visit our website we may collect information about your interaction with the features of our Site.
- Inferences and Preferences. We may collect information about the types of Services you use, preferred supplier information, communications preferences, and other inferences or special instructions you provide when you contact us or request our Services.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use the Personal Information we collect for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Operate our Business. The main reason we use your Personal Information is to provide you with the services you request, manage our facilities, process billing and payment, and otherwise run day-to-day operations.
- Communicating with You. We use your Personal Information to communicate with you about our Services, your account, and if you contact us with requests, questions, or concerns.
- Evaluate and Improve our Services. We may analyze the Personal Information we collect for quality assurance, training, and to understand how we can meet and exceed your expectations.
- Marketing and Advertising. We use the Personal Information we collect for marketing or advertising purposes. For example, we might send you promotional messages about products, services, programs, or events that may be of interest to you.
3.2 How to Manage Cookies
If you wish to prevent Cookies from tracking your activity on our website or visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain Cookies or notify you when a Cookie is set. If you block Cookies, certain features on our website may not work. For more information on how you can customize your browser’s Cookie setting please visit the link to your web browser below:
4. Sharing Your Personal Information
- With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents. We may share your Personal Information with third parties who perform services on our behalf, such as payment processing, email and hosting services, or customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
- With Business Insights and Analytics. We may share your Personal Information with third-party business analytics providers to evaluate and improve our Site and Services. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how people interact with our Site and how well our Site performs.
5. California Specific Rights
If you are a California Resident, you may have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
These rights do not currently apply to you if MBCS collected Personal Information from you acting in your capacity as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of one of our business contacts (“B2B Consumers”).
Additionally, if we collected Personal Information about you in your role as an applicant, employee, or independent contractor, this Policy does not apply to you. Please contact Human Resources at CCPA@marksteinbev.com if you have questions about Personal Information related to your application or work with MBCS.
5.1 The Right to Request More Information
If you are not a B2B Consumer, you may have the right to request more information about how we have treated your Personal Information in the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected that information;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared that information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
5.2 The Right to Request Access
If you are not a B2B Consumer, you may also have the right to receive a copy of your Personal Information.
5.3 The Right to Request Deletion
Under certain conditions, non-B2B Consumers have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information.
5.4 Third-Party Marketing and Selling
We will not disclose your information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you have requested or authorized us to do so. The CCPA requires notice and an opportunity to opt-out from certain disclosures of Personal Information considered to be a “sale” as defined in the CCPA. MBCS does not sell Personal Information to third parties.
Our Site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 21 and we do not knowingly collect or disclose information from individuals under 16 years old. We also do not intend to disclose Personal Information to third parties without providing notice and an opportunity to opt-out.
5.5 How to Exercise these Rights
To submit a request to exercise these rights you may use one of the following three methods:
- Telephone: 833-957-3545
- Email: CCPA@marksteinbev.com
- Mail: Markstein Beverage Co. of Sacramento, 60 Main Ave, Sacramento, CA 95838
For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to “Your California Privacy Rights,” indicate which type of request you are making, and provide your name, street address, city, state, zip code and an e-mail address or phone number where you may be contacted. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly or that do not include complete information.
Before responding to your request, we must first verify your identity using Personal Information you recently provided to us. If we are not able to verify your request we will contact you for more information. If we are unable to verify your identity after a good faith attempt, we may deny the request and, if so, will explain the basis for the denial.
5.7 Designating an Authorized Agent
You may designate someone to submit requests and act on your behalf (an “Authorized Agent”). To do so, you must provide us with written permission to allow your Authorized Agent to act on your behalf.
5.8 Do Not Track Requests
Some web browsers or smartphones have the ability to set “Do Not Track” requests to block user activity from being tracked across web pages or devices. Our Site does not recognize “Do Not Track” signals.
5.9 No Discrimination
We will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
6. Legal Disclaimer
- Comply with federal, state, or local laws;
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that the business, service provider, or third party reasonably and in good faith believes may violate federal, state, or local law;
- Exercise or defend legal claims;
- Detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible for such activity; or
- Transfer Personal Information as part of a merger or acquisition, dissolution of MBCS, or in the event of bankruptcy or any other transaction in which a third party assumes control of all or part of MBCS.
7. External Links
When you use this website, you may find links to other websites that we don’t own or control. We are not responsible for the content or any other aspect of these third-party sites, including their collection of your Personal Information. You should review their terms and conditions and privacy policies before proceeding to that site.
9. Questions and Contact Us
If you have a questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, you may contact us at 833-957-3545, CCPA@marksteinbev.com, or Markstein Beverage Co. of Sacramento, 60 Main Ave, Sacramento, CA 95838.